Minister for Irrigation, Marketing and Legislative Affairs T Harish Rao on Saturday inaugurated a cotton purchase centre in the Agricultural Market at Gajwel.
Speaking on the occasion, Harish said the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) had opened 83 cotton purchase centres in Telangana State.
He informed that the unique programme of cotton purchase through cards had been launched in the State in order to put an end to the malicious practice of middlemen purchasing cotton directly from hapless farmers at throwaway prices and make hay.
Referring to the crop loan waiver issue, the Minister pointed out that the neighbouring Andhra Pradesh had waived only Rs 7,000 crore crop loan out of Rs 28,000 crore, whereas the Telangana government had cleared Rs 8,400 crore crop loan out of a total loan of Rs 17,000 crore.
Alleging that TDP chief and AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu was trying to sabotage Telangana’s Dindi and Palamur irrigation projects, Harish said TPCC chief Uttam Kumar Reddy and CLP leader K Jana Reddy owed an explanation to the toiling farmers over their unholy alliance with the anti-Telangana TDP.
The Minister also pointed out that the TRS government had taken up construction of a warehouse to store 17,000 tonnes of food grains at a cost of Rs 1,024 crore after formation of Telangana State.
- NIGERIA APPROVES MTMAS BAN ON COTTON EXPORT
23 Jan 2018
- Uzbekistan reforms its cotton, textile industry
16 Dec 2017
- Textile industry demands reforms to further boost exports
12 Dec 2017
- Subway in stitches: NYC man knitting on train is no yarn
08 Dec 2017
- Sustainable Textile Innovations: EcoVero, an alternative to viscose
06 Dec 2017
- Sharp Rise in Imports of MMF Yarn, Cotton Fabric Post GST, Says Textile Body
05 Dec 2017
- Cotton traders to go strike against RCM under GST
01 Dec 2017
- PRICES OSCILLATE SLIGHTLY IN BRAZIL DUE TO REDUCED SUPPLY OF QUALITY COTTON
20 Nov 2017
- NA to discuss textile industry’s challenges
15 Nov 2017
- Threshold For GST Composition Scheme Increased To Rs 1 Crore
06 Oct 2017