When it comes to calling a spade a spade, there are only a few in the film industry like Anushka Sharma. The beautiful actor has never minced words when it comes to taking a stand and has inspired her fans over the years. But it is not just her delightful acting and her determination that has awed people. Sharma, awaiting the release of Jab Harry Met Sejal co-starring Shah Rukh Khan, is also known for her impressive fashion sense. From breezy to bold — the 29-year-old has managed to look radiant in almost all. This time, she is raising the heat with her latest shoot for the cover of Filmfare’s August edition.
In a risque grey Fendi dress with floral applique details on it, Sharma bares her back as she leans forward sitting on a chair. With minimal makeup, hair centre-parted and styled straight by Daniel Bauer Makeup and Hair, she paired the dress with velvet heels from Louboutin and accessorised with a ring from Louis Vuitton. Styled by Allia Al Rufai, the beautiful actor looks her fashionable best on the cover.
Her look was unveiled by the magazine on their Instagram handle by heralding her as the “flagbearer of breaking norms”. Quite true to the title, Sharma has in the past spoken blatantly about her strong sentiments on feminism and other causes. On the work front, she will be soon seen starring opposite King Khan in Jab Harry Met Sejal and is gearing up for the release of Pari, her third film as a producer. Produced by Clean Slate Films in association with KriArj Entertainment, Pari is all set to release on 9th February 2018.
Smart dressing boosts up the confidence and helps in rendering an aura filled with passion and right attitude in office but at the same time looking sharp and relaxed is a key aspect in todays work wear fashion. From blending white and black to going for neutral or classic colour scheme can make you look different and classy.
Tabby Bhatia, Director, Voganow.com, Saggar Mehra, Creative Director of brand Sunil Mehra and Salesh Grover, business head OSL Luxury talk about latest trending office wear look.
* To keep things more conservative, opt for patterns with a neutral or classic color scheme. This will tie your looks together more and will prove useful for versatility. Mixing differently textured shirts with tailored pants will also switch your looks up. Shirts are really the focal point of business casual looks, so ensure they fit well.
* The work jacket’s main function is in practicality maneuverability, and it definitely adds an interesting twist to your attire.
* Blending white or black round neck t-shirt with window checked coat is also an interesting way and you can complete the look with tassel loafers or suede shoes.
* A sharp yet trendy look is a club printed shirt with a slim lapel jacket and a sleek tie. It is the ultimate combination that will make sure you are taken seriously.
* Checkerd or pinestriped trousers with solid shirts are also a great pick and to make solid shirts interesting add details like printed inside collar band, contrasting coloured button placket or a double cuff with quirky Cufflinks.
* For corporate guys who travel a lot for meetings can opt for a basket weaved office laptop bags in shades of tan or dark brown that can add a suave touch to the overall look.
* Leather shoes are considered to be an undeniable part of a man’s wardrobe. Brogues are one of the promising shoe style, popped up in early 1900s in Ireland, this shoe style is setting impressive fashion trends at the workplace. Brogues in tones of tans, black, olives and grey are absolute timeless add on to a man’s wardrobe this season.
* Also, a pair of double monk strap shoes handcrafted and hand painted in genuine leather with finesse gives a flawless styling appeal. Perfect for office and formal occasions, these pairs can be paired with chinos and crisp shirts. Break the monotony of laces shoes and go for a monk strap style to give impeccable impression at your workplace.
We first noticed Mahira Khan’s impressive style quotient earlier this year during her promotional spree in Dubai for her film Raees opposite superstar Shah Rukh Khan. The actor’s style diary was a far cry from her traditional look in the film, starting from her chic off-shoulder Lavish Alice jumpsuit to the brown pleated midi dress from House of Nomad. A few months later, she stunned us again in a red beaded asymmetrical hem top and wide legged pants by Faraz Mannan at an event in Dubai while mingling with our ‘desi’ hearthrob Ranbir Kapoor.
Now, Khan is back at making heads turn in Beirut in not one but two distinct looks. One has an androgynous influence while the other has a princess-y touch to it and the most interesting thing is that out of these two outfits, one is from sister duo Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor’s fashion line Rheson.
The actor who was in the capital of Lebanon for an Awards show took home the award for the most stylish actress and she dressed the part. For the press conference, she stepped out in a black, mogra floral print Palazzo sari from Rheson which she paired with a black and white crop top with sheer sleeves. Khan took it to the next level with edgy shoes in black. Her beauty game was kept simple with smokey eyes and a soft pink lip shade.
At the main ceremony, she wore a beautiful white gown from Nicolas Jebran’s Spring 2017 collection.
Millions of Muslim women around the world wear hijab, pairing it up with their daily attires. From gorgeous party wears to everyday casuals, the headscarf covering their mane is part of their identity. But often they find themselves on the receiving end which it comes to fashion choices surrounding hijab. But thanks to the fashion industries all-inclusive attitude in the last one year, women have options of designer hijabs too. And taking a step further, they will have chic and trendy hijab options too now.
The US-based company, American Eagle officially introduced first denim hijab, and it’s just what many college going girls would absolutely love! And Netizens loved it too and lauded the apparel brand.
The denim hijab is made of a soft fabric and comes in an indigo shade variant. The clothing is available online right now for $19.95 (Rs 1284) with a description encouraging shoppers to “Wear it your way. Make it as original as you are.”
The brand teamed up with 19-year-old American-Somali Muslim model Halima Aden who is taken the fashion industry by stride. The teen model created history by being the first hijab-clad model to turn into a cover girl for US-based fashion magazine Allure and Vogue Arabia last month.
At the recently concluded IIFA 2017, Disha Patani looked mesmerising in a beaded ivory gown on the green carpet. The actor who walked the ramp at Times Square for designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock, picked up the outfit from their collection. Now, she has donned bold outfits in the past but with the latest one, she has renewed our faith in her ability to carry off anything with ease.
The look curated by celebrity stylist Tanya Ghavri was really bold with the dangerously thigh-high front slit and plunging neckline. However, the shimmery and sheer body hugging gown reminds us of a look worn by Victoria’s Secret model Bella Hadid at the amfAR Gala 2017.
Patani’s gown had a train too but not as grand as Hadid. While Disha styled it with a loose low bun with soft waves, Hadid wore a top knot. But both of them complemented it with metallic gladiators.
This is not the first time the M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story actor has copied a look from one of the Hadid sisters. She wore a black figure-hugging gown by designer Nicolas Jebran at the 62nd Filmfare Awards.
- Anushka Sharma goes ‘bold, beautiful and backless’ in her latest magazine cover shoot
20 Jul 2017
- Men, this is how you dress up right for work
20 Jul 2017
- Pak actor Mahira Khan totally rocks this outfit from Sonam and Rhea Kapoor’s fashion line
20 Jul 2017
- Chic and trendy: American Eagle teams up with Halima Aden to introduce denim hijab
20 Jul 2017
- Disha Patani or Bella Hadid: Who wore the risqué beaded gown better?
20 Jul 2017